Saturday, December 31, 2011

     I am very mindful of my status with my financial aid. Loans, grants, etc. I've been in contact (or should I say, attempted contact) with my financial aid rep for most of this year. I have been trying to find out exactly how close I am to running out. Her answer was always: "You're okay." Well, that's not exactly an answer in my book, and I assume she knows how much I'd have left. I'm pretty sure when I'm about to run out she'd warn me, right?
     I also have been logging in to my school account which allows me to see that I was approved for the whole year (something Martha informed me of in her very snotty tone- go to the website, go to the website. Yes, that tells me about this year, but what about NEXT year?). I apply, I fill papers out and provide whatever they ask me for. Certainly they wouldn't let me run out and just leave it as a surprise, would they???
     They would. They really would. From what I can see, I am out of financial aid. Why am I really not surprised?
     I've seen other students get this nasty surprise. I've seen the school let them continue, then pull them out of class one day and inform the student they owe a few thousand dollars. Nice. Want to transfer? Pay up. I don't want that surprise.
     I'm in touch with a couple of different schools, and I think I'm going with Downey Adult School. I really am interested in Simply Steno. That was my absolute first choice. Not only would I actually be able to AFFORD it, but I love the way the program is set up, everyone I've read about who attends seems to love it.
     I am a little upset that January 3rd is right around the corner, and as far as I know, I will not be enrolled anywhere. I don't know if I can get things set up that fast. I don't want to be on a break. Breaks are too easy to extend. Breaks can make you lazy. Breaks can turn into forever.
     Whoa, this blog is turning into a downer! Let's back out of that right now. I know I'm going to continue, and I hope to continue January 3rd. If I don't...well...I don't. I will keep practicing on my own and get back into school the next semester.
     Switching gears, I've been reading over Twitter and Facebook this evening, looking at the various well wishes of Happy New Year and the resolutions. I especially love the New Year's Resolutions! I like to see what other people are trying to change, where their goals are, and how high they are reaching.
So you know I am going to ask- what are YOUR New Year's Resolutions??

No comments:

Post a Comment