Monday, June 6, 2011

Dear Diary

I've had this blog on my mind for some time now, and I finally decided to stop waiting for- whatever event it is I'm waiting for and do it. Actually, I do know what I was waiting for. I've been having a difficult time of it and I wanted to make sure I got over the hump before I wrote a blog. Really, what is the point of that? How real is it for me to wait until I'm over a hardship before I write?
Anyway, I've been looking for a study routine that works for me. I never really "learned" how to study (and believe me, studying is not something you just know how to do. It is a learned skill.) and court reporting school is something that requires knowing that skill. I've been looking at different websites- any CR blogs I come across, any CR websites, and of course Facebook. I was reading one of the CR student groups and one of the members just started her own blog, so of course I had to go read it. The first entry said that only 5% of CR students graduate. Dang, what a buzz kill. It actually could be kind of discouraging if you're in the wrong frame of mind.
Everyone needs motivation at times. When I feel down, or feel like I'm not doing well I read as much as I can about court reporting. It might sound weird, but it gets me excited again (a great thing unless it's 2am and I should be in bed) about practicing, about school and about the field in general.
What motivates you?

No comments:

Post a Comment